Friday, November 26, 2010

Bringing Thanksgiving Down Under!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

My Pie!!!
Please allow me to start with a bit of a sappy moment.  I just want to say how thankful I am for all of the remarkable people in my life who have supported me through my multitude of life altering transitions this past year.  In particular my amazing sister, mom, and dad, and my incredible best friends, Jen, Ryan, and Andrew, without whom I can’t imagine where I would be today.  Thank you all for everything you do for me.  I spent my entire day with an unfaltering smile thinking of how much this day means to me this year.


Arts and Crafts
I had such a fantastic day today!  I made a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for the Aussies, starting my cooking escapade around noon with a serving time of 7:30pm.  I made a pumpkin pie – FROM SCRATCH – sweet potato soufflé, green bean casserole, turkey, stuffing, gravy, and tofu for the chef.  I did it all by myself and it was AMAZING!!!  My pride and joy was the pumpkin pie which I successfully made FROM SCRATCH (in case you missed it the first time), and without a soupy middle!  While everything was in the oven I even had time for some arts and crafts to really bring the whole thing together.  =)  (Russell the wombat was a bit overshadowed today, but being an American holiday he understands and will be featured at another time)


Jacki set a beautiful table and I think we all had a great Thanksgiving, as I hope you all did as well!

For those truly brave souls, enjoy Black Friday!

All my love and gratitude!

Tom and Russell at the table
"Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance." ~Eckhart Tolle

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you represented US well! (Love the arts and crafts!! Always an important part of any holiday gathering!) Happy Day - continue to travel safely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If/when your adventure of life brings you into the vicinity of Southern Mass, hit us up. We could use some more dance lessons. :)

    ReplyDelete