Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Moving on from Melbourne

Cafes along Block Arcade

I am sad to say that today is my last day in Melbourne.  I have had such a great time exploring this beautiful area and making unforgettable memories with the McMeekings, it will be hard to say goodbye in the morning.  Being my last day in Melbourne I thought it would only be fitting for me to actually go into Melbourne (a radical thought, I realize).  I took the train in from Hoppers Crossing and spent the afternoon wandering around downtown enjoying the little alleyways of cafes and arcades of shops. Melbourne is a nice city, but I have to admit that I am a bit over the “big city” thing after living in Singapore for two years.  I found myself disenchanted with the high-paced buzz that would have held more excitement for me in the past.  There was one outstanding feature I truly did enjoy, the Christmas decorations minus the crazy Christmas crowds you find in the States!
Christmas Decorations!!!

I am leaving for Sydney tomorrow – another big city – but I will be staying in a youth hostel and will have a schedule full of quintessential Australia site-seeing to attend to, so I imagine I will have a slightly different “city experience” than I did today.  Then it’s off to New Zealand for two weeks!!!  I must confess I am far more excited for NZ than for Sydney… =)  BUT, I am certain I will have some great stories for my blog at the end of my week at the Sydney YHA.

I don’t know what my internet situation will be like for the next couple weeks so I’ve updated my facebook profile with an Aussie phone number I can be reached at in case of emergency (or in the unlikely event of an insatiable yearning to talk to a ginger).  I should still have access to email, but it may take me a while to get back to you if you write. 

I will update again when I can!  Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment